Thursday, May 15, 2008

YY Kafei Dian - Great Tasting Kaya Buns

We paid a visit to YY Kafei Dian after our little ice-cream treat at Tom's Palette since it is just a stone's throw away and we heard some good things about the kaya buns they offered.

It was pretty late at night (~9pm) and I was quite worried that there would be no more buns since this is more of a breakfast thingy. But lucky me, they do! So me and Mr HB ordered 2 buns and coffee and tea. It's just like having breakfast items for supper.With great anticipation, I waited while watching them toast the buns.After a short wait, we were served piping hot coffee/tea and freshly toasted kaya buns.

Without further adieu, I grab one of them and sink my teeth into it.The bun is cripsy on the outside and soft on the inside. Sinking my teeth in further, the kaya and butter simply melts in my mouth. One word to sum it up - heavenly!Mr HB then commented that the kaya reminds him of the kaya his grandma used to make.

I can't wait to go back for breakfast this coming weekend.

Must Tries: Kaya Bun

YY Kafei Dian
37 Beach Road,
#01-01 ,
Singapore

No comments: