Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ice Cream Chefs - Not so value for $$

We were on our way to Werner's (see separate review) when we passed by this little ice cream palour. I was wondering if any one knew of it since it seems to be quite off the beaten track.

After failing to purchase anything at Werner's (it was alose to 9pm at night), we decided that we could do with a little consolation - ice cream and returned to this ice cream palour.
Upon taking a closer look, the sign board "Ice Cream Chefs" stared back into my face. I then recalled having read about it in HGW and the Straits Times some time ago.

We were greeted by 4 service staff upon entering the store and contrary to my initial thought, it is actually pretty crowded.

Stepping up to the display area to choose the flavours that we would be tasting for the night.
1 of the staff took the initiative to ask if I wanted to test any of the flavours and so I tried the blueberry - quite creamy but a little lacking in berry taste and a little too sweet for my liking.

We did not go for any mix-in as we wanted to taste the real ice cream flavour.In the end, we ended up with
1. Strawberry - milky but lacking in strawberry taste
2. Hazel nut - loads of milk, again lacking in hazel nut taste
3. Green tea - the only flavour that I will have again. It has got real green tea taste with just the right amount of milk and sweetness.

Kinda of disappointing esp since the price here is somwhat on the high side compared to other competitors and the servings are also not as generous as I would like it to be.

Must Tries: Green tea ice cream

Ice Cream Chefs
520 East Coast Road,
#01-06 Ocean Park,
Singapore

No comments: