Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Picotin - Interesting location with good food

Ahh....This is my first review since the launch of the new site.So I figured that it would be apt for me to write about a new eating place, the the honour goes to....."PICOTIN"

It was meant to be a quick dinner with the big boys (namely, my CEO, M.D and GM) since my CEO was flying out in abt 3 hours' time.The only spoiler was that this dinner was after a horrible "beat-me-up" negotiation with some unreasonable customers, so I was not in the best of mood for a nice dinner.

Being a new eating joint, I was surprised that it was hugely popular (yes, I am also surprised that there are already 13 reviews on this supposedly new eatery).The place was packed on a Thursday night, we managed to get a place outside.

Upon being seated, we were served water immediately and bread shortly after.Set in Turf Club, the menu was set up around horses with horsey names.A note about the breads that was served, it was warm and soft - extremely delicious. Being a bread lover, I had to stop myself for gorging on the bread to save some space for my main course which the Cordon Bleu.
My M.D had the Beef Goulash, CEO had pizza and GM had the same as mini me.For a packed resturant, the main course was served relatively quick - apx 15 mins.The Cordon Bleu was a generous piece of chicken breast meat served in some creamy sauce, potato gratin was also served as a side.The chick was tender and the cream sauce (taste cheesy) was delicious. Potato gratin was lovely as well.
No comments for the pizza or Beef Goulash since I dared not pick off the plates of my big bosses.

We all had coffee to round off since we are all full and had no room for desserts.

Picotin
100 Turf Club Road,
Singapore

No comments: