Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Casa Roma Restaurante Pizzeria - Good Variety of Food

I've passed by this restaurant countless times but it never occured to me to eat here as I did not find the restuarant decor/signboard appleaing in any way. And if I were looking for Italian food, I usually head straight to Pasta Fresca.

I was introduced to this place by my GM.
It was after a late evening visit to a customer that we had out dinner at this restaurant.
Me and 3 other male colleagues who all happens to be my boss directly or indirectly. Naturally, in a situation as such, the ordering of the food was not done by me.

Starters
1. Caprese con pomodori sechi - Fresh mozzarella cheese with sundried tomato &home made pesto. I was told this is a very popular italian apetitizer but I personally did not really like this dish as I find it relatively tasteless.
2. Calamari - The calamari is well battered and fried to a good crisp.I enjoy this with the various dips available.
3.Funghi misti in padella - Panfried mushrooms with white wine & herbs.The mushroom was also very tasty and nicely pan-fried.

Main Course
Filetto di manzo al gorgonzola - Tenderloin steak with gorgonzola cheese sauce. The steak was juicey and very well executed. Served with cheeese sauce, the steak is a very pleasing to the palate.
The lamb rack looks very delicious too. I figured if I visit again, this will be the dish I will order.

Dessert
Definately tiramisu for dessert in Italian restaurant! The tiramisu did not disappoint - suitably wet with a layer of choco powder.

We rounded off dinner with coffee and 4 full and satisfied customers.

Must Tries: Tenderloin steak

Casa Roma Restaurante Pizzeria
833 Bukit Timah Road, #01-09 Royal Ville, Singapore

No comments: