Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vanilla Pod - Refreshign Ambience

Been here a couple of times, mostly on biz. I was introduced to this place by my customer on one occassion and it has since developed to a "convenient" biz lunch spot for me.

It is a small restaurant located at the entrance of an orchid garden in the middle of Mandai. Imagine a large green house (with air-con of course) overlooking an orchid garden while you dine - that, in essence is Vanilla Pod.

To date, I've tried the fish
1. Black cod
2. Salmon
Both the fish are reasonably tasty for the kind of $$ we have to pay - $26 and $28 respectively. Fresh enuf but not those "melt-in-your-mouth" freshness and a little oily for a fish dish in my opinion.

Meat wise, I've had the
1. Beef stampede - all time favourite with me. Tender and juicy to the bite.
2. Lamb shank - for the hungry brothers and sisters out there. This big piece of well executed meat will satify the carnivore in you. Do give it a try if you are a lamb lover and you will not regret.

Worthy of mention is the mushroom soup which is packed with flavour and full of real mushroom chunks. Not to be missed if you are a soup lover. Comes in generous portion too, do share this if you want to reserve some space for dessert.

Personally, the tiramisu and chocolate truffle are my preferred desserts with this eatery. Creamy and give you a high on sugar rush.
Enjoy....

Must Tries: Beef stampede, lamb shank

Vanilla Pod
200 Mandai Lake Road,
Singapore

No comments: