Thursday, May 15, 2008

Blue Magnolia - Mini Cakes but not mini on price

I've been wanting to visit Blue Magnolia for the past few months especially since it is relatively near my place and it is a DESSERT place.
I never got around to doing it until my SIL (sister in law) suggested a visit on a Thursday night.

As the operation hours are until 8pm at night. We hastily made our way to location after dinner and got there just about 20 mins before closing.
1 note of caution, parking is almost non-exsistent there. You have to be a bit creative to find a parking space.

The shop front is quite small as most of the space is utilised as a kitchen behind the glass doors. The cakes are displayed on the neatly on the glass shelves.
To my dismay, there aren't any more whole cheesecakes left and I was told that it is best to order in advance for whole cakes.
However, there are still some mini cakes left.

So we went for the 16 mini pcs option
1. 4 cheesecakes2
. 2 blue berry cakes
3. 4 chocolate cup cakes4
. 1 fruit tartlet
5. 2 azuki green tea cakes
3 other mini cakes/pastries which I cannot recall now...This set me back by $26.70, which I find rather expensive as the cakes are really small.

Honestly, with the mini cakes, I can't really tell if they tasted good as it is simply too small for my tastebuds to distinguish the taste.
But the much raved about green tea cake was kinda tasteless and the cheesecake is not as cheesy as I'd like it to be.

To be fair, I think I'll try the cakes by slice or order a whole cake on my next visit to be able to savour the true flavour of the cakes.

Blue Magnolia
439 MacPherson Road, Singapore

No comments: