Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tampopo Restaurant - Come here for your Jap fix

I brought Mr HB here for his ramen fix upon an ex-colleague's recommendation.
It has since become a place for our japanese fix (for various jap food) other than Iciban.

The black pig ramen was somthing that had our attention and made it to our order list during our first visit, I ordered the Hokkido street ramen.
The soup of the ramen was tasty and flavourful, delicious.Mr HB commented that the black pig was tender and melt in your mouth. This was then recommended to our family during our subsequent visits.

After tasting such good ramen, we had to return, no?
The next visit was with the family. This time I decided to try the Katsu Set. The pork fillet was battered and fried to a good crisp while retaining the tenderness of the meat beyond the batter. The set comes with miso soup, rice and fruits.
Definately value for money.

It was during this visit that Mr HB fell in love....with the Salmon Chirashi. Thick slices of salmon together with a few slices of tamago sets his heart racing.
This has since became his staple order whenever we visit.

After hearing him rave about it for the longest, I decided I have to seek out my "rival". But alas, I was also captivated by this dish. The salmon slices are really generous and fresh, together with the lightly vinegared rice....lovely combination. The thought of sinking my teeth into the wonderful salmon leaves my imagination running wild....

On one occassion, we also tried the light chiffon cheesecake. This is supposed to be the first in SG. On first bite, it seems to be a rather ordinary sponge cake. But the taste slowly works into you. The cheese is light and does not make you overly sick and the cream adds flavour and taste to the cake. I can definately down a few more of these during our future visits.

Must Tries: Salmon Chirashi, Black Pig Ramen

Tampopo Restaurant
177 River Valley Road,
#01-23/24 Liang Court Shopping Centre,
Singapore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 170 dollars on every page. But for all I found this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what do you think?