Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jacob's Cafe - Shall we do a "quick" lunch?

This is a place where I come for a "quick" lunch when I have visitors from overseas as it is pretty close to where I work.

This is also one of the favourite lunch hangout of the expatriates in my company.

Jacob's serve a rather extensive range of food ranging from the classic western food like pork culet, chicken cutlet, steak to German sausages and very English food like pies, quiches, goulash stew.

I am pleased to announce that so fat the food that I have eaten in Jacob's have yet to disappoint.

Worthy of mention are the quiche lorraine and shepherd pie which I find very tasty and filling. Stew is always a safe bet and comes with a drink, I particularly like the beef stew.

Recent promotion is the stuffed roasted chicken which is done to the right "crispyness" of the skin with generous fillings in the chicken - rice, chestnuts...etc...Yummy....Comes with 2 drinks and 2 soup. They split the chicken into half for sharing (meant for 2 pax unless you are in "battle mode").

Only drawback is waiting time for food can get pretty long and service crew's attention gets divided when there is big lunch crowd.

Must Tries: Quiche lorraine, shepherd's pie, beef stew

Jacob's Cafe
Blk 5 Changi Village Road, #01-2049 , Singapore

No comments: