Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mingles - Money not enuf? Eat here!

This review is written after eating here 3 days in a row.
Does this mean that the food here is fantastic?
Hmm....for the moolah that I have to fork out, I'd say yes.

A little rundown on the value meals.
You get to choose a main course from a list PLUS a drink (coffee, tea or soft drink; top up $1 to get a float) PLUS a dessert/soup with bread roll.
And it is not just any dessert, it is New Zealand Natural ice-cream (1 scoop with waffle or a 2 scoop sundae) all for the price of $11.90 to $15.90.

How can I not go back again and again?

OK, now onto how the food actually taste.

On day 1, I ordered the mushroom chicken fillet.
It's like chicken chop topped with cheese and mushroom.
The combination is chewy due to the mushroom and tangy due to the cheese.
Completed with mashed potato. Decent dish.

On day 2 and 3, I ordered the rosti with 8" sausage.
The fact that I ordered this 2 days in a roll basically means that I prefer this over the chicken. The rosti is ....just rosti but the sausage is very yummy.
You get to choose from a choice of 8 (i think) types of sauages. Sausages and rosti are pan-fried to a good "doneness".

No further introduction needs to be done to the New Zealand Natural ice-cream since I believe almost everyone out on the streets have tried it before.
The waffle is a little tough in my opinion and the sundae is definately a very economical choice for ice-cream lovers.

Mingles
238 Thomson Road,
#02-78/79 Velocity @ Novena Square,
Singapore

No comments: