Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good Morning Nanyang Cafe - Traditional Food with a Twist

I'm a lover of flour derivatives - bread, pastries, cakes and my most recent love, scones.

We happened to be in Chinatown area over the weekend and I recalled reading from a blog that this place serves scones and kaya on ciabatta bread, I knew I had to check it out.

We arrived here about 630pm on a Saturday evening.
At the back of my mind, I actually have only 1 thing in mind and that was scones. Imagine my dismay when I was informed that they had sold out all the scones!

Determined to make the best of my visit, I ordered the following which I thought was interesting and that you will not find elsewhere
1. Ciabatta with kaya set (comes with 2 eggs and coffee/tea)
2. Orange ciabatta
3. Additional coffee

This is the first time ever in my entire life that I have the traditional kaya on chic ciabatta bread. I actually did not have any expectations but when I took my first bite, I was hooked.

The bread is soft and fluffy with a generous spread of kaya and butter. The kaya is fregrant and does not threaten to numb your taste buds with overwhemling sweetness.
The orange ciabatta is more crispy and has a tinge of orange flavour.



Coffee is milky and creamy, I find this very enjoyable as well.


Mr HB loves it too and wanted to come the following morning for breakfast. But after checking their operation hours, they only start at 1030am on weekends so our breakfast plan goes out of the windows.

Must Tries: Kaya on Ciabatta bread

Good Morning Nanyang Cafe
133 New Bridge Road
#03-01 Chinatown Point

No comments: