Thursday, May 15, 2008

Changi Lor 108 Fei Lao Seafood - Wok Hei Hor Fun

Capitivated by the picture of seafood hor fun wrapped in Opeh leaf, me and Mr HB found ourselves inside 108 Fei Lao Cze Char.

What did we order?
No prize for guessing it right - the legandary hor fun was what we asked for.

It was a blazing Sat afternoon as we sat and waited for our orders to be served.
The eatery was relatively empty 'cept for a couple of uncles having coffee and waiting for their cze char dish.

After a brief 10min, the hor fun was served.
You can imagine my disappointment when I saw the hor fun served on a big green plate.
What? No opeh leaf!
I felt cheated.

On top of that the hor fun looks extremely ordinary. This was a bad start but nonetheless, a hungry stomach must be attended to.

Without further delay, I served myself a big mouthful of hor fun.
In contrast to my initial thoughts, the hor fun actually tasted pretty good!
The wok hei flavour on the hor fun was nicely done, demostrating a good fire control over the kwey teow.
The ingredients are fresh and the gravy tasty, definately one of the better hor fun in Singapore.

Together with 2 ice barley we completed our lunch and begin our journey home under the hot afternoon sun .

Changi Lor 108 Fei Lao Seafood
229 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore

No comments: