Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tiffany Cafe and Restaurant - Don't Expect too much.

This is my 2nd business lunch with customer this week.

I am beginning to miss hawker food and my lunch khakis.

The challenge this time round is to find buffet spread that is halal and that which is in line with our qtr end numbers (read: economical).

The 1st criteria already narrow our choices down to 3 and the 2nd simply points to Tiffany.

OK, so again, we went to pick up our dear customers and make our way down to Tiffany after a draggy hour long meeting with my stomach growling in the background.

By the time we arrived at the restaurant, it was about 1pm and I am seriously famished.

After being shown to our seats, all of us dashed (literally) to the food spread to answer to the call of our stomachs.

Walked round the restaurant to survey the spread in an attempt to no waste calories.

The spread does not look very impressive with few cooked food dishes - mutton curry, beef slices sitr fried with bitter gourd, fish fillet in cream sauce, potato gratin, some stir fried veggies rice and pasta.

There is a satay and mee siam station which according to my colleagues are not bad.

Dessert spread is a total disappointment.
No whole cakes at all!
Only a display of chocolate cake cubes and fruit cake cubes with some pudding.
The only prominent dessert feature in sight is the chocolate fountain which is not a favourite of mine.
As far as I am concern, dessert is almost non-exsistent in this buffet.

My heart immediately sank to the bottom of the sea.....But well, the stomch still needs to be filled so I put in my best efforts to put together my lunch for the day.

My buffet strategy is always to the sashimi counter as the 1st stop.
The salmon sashimi tasted ok but the skill of the chef slicing up the pieces definately needs some intensive training.
The only things that I find palatable was the fish fillet and the salmon sashimi so that's basically all I had for lunch.
Tried a little of the beef with bitter gourd and sweet & sour pork - beef ok, S&S pork cannot make it la, only tasted flour.

Ok, move onto "dessert". Took a chocolate cake cube and a little of some pudding (i believe it is bread and butter pudding).
Choc cake is pretty tough and not moist enuf but surprise surprise the pudding is pretty good - the only saving grace of the entire buffet.

Lastly after a non-satisfying buffet, I ended my meal with a coffee.

Ok, to summarise, do not expect fantastic food here and for the same price, I would certainly prefer Ellenborough over Tiffany if not for the Halal restriction.

Oh, and the most amazing part is after so much trouble, we were told that yesterday was the start of the fasting month and the muslim counterparts are not able to join us for lunch. SO much for all the trouble to look for a halal buffet restuarant and an ultimate waste of my precious calories.....

Tiffany Cafe and Restaurant
60 Eu Tong Sen Street, 2/F Furama City Centre, Singapore

1 comment:

Jussaemon said...

Did i read this correctly.... that u ate PORK at Tiffany's Buffet spread??