Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Of Muffins and Cookies

I had to wait a week before I had the chance/time to bake again.

On a Saturday night (after a long day zipping around in JB) with a headache, I made my first batch of muffins.
After a long decision making process, I decided on chocolate chip muffin since I thought anything with chocolate ought to be a hit with most people.


Couple of glitches along the way. The first being not leaving the butter at room temperature for long enough, this causes the creaming process to be more difficult and the result is a not-so-fluffy tasty muffin. The second being the muffin cup was too small and this makes the muffin looks smaller and not as delicious without the dome. Other than these, the chocolate chip muffins turn out ok.


The following day I continued my baking stint and made some chocolate chip cookies. The whole process was quite disasterous. The cookie batter was relatively eacy to make but the baking was puntuated by difficulties. The recipe called for a 8-10min baking time but the total baking time for this batch of ccokies ended by close to 30 mins with 2 consecutive bakes as the centre of the cookie was uncooked!

So the outer rim of the cookie was very crispy and was browned out but the rest of the cookie was somewhat limp if you ask me.

I brought some for my colleagues and they finshed it up and most of them even commented that they were delicious! Talk about differences in standards.

No comments: