Sunday, July 6, 2008

Absolute Haven - Affordable European Fare

This marks my second visit to Absolute Haven. We were in Absolute Haven for a "parting" meal. For a formal introduction of the dear colleague who will be taking over my accounts and the customers he will be dealing with.
Absolute Haven was located along Prinsep Street among a row of shophouses that have been converted into restaurant.
It's a modest seize place with a seating capacity of approximately 30 odd pax including a al-fresco dining area.
The interior spots a chic and modern setting with string curtains that can be "drawn" for partition purposes. It is apparant that this restarurant rates privacy highly.

It was a Wedneseday afternoon when we visited. The place was empty except for another 2 tables other than ours and there was only 1 wait staff.
I had a Pumpkin and Orange Soup to start followed by Pan Seared Seabass with poached egg and Olive Pilaf Rice for my main.

The starters took ~15min to come.
The soup was quite interesting with an ever so slight tinge of orange taste to the pumpkin packed flavour. It was tasty.
I was slightly disappointed as no bread was served this time as opposed to my first visit (or did I recall wrongly?)

The mains then followed after another 15mins. This was an interesting combination. I never had poached egg with meat for main course previously.
The egg was poached to perfection with a runny centre and the fish was adequately cooked not under nor over. I especially liked the Olive Pilaf rice. It was creamy and flavoursome. I wished this had been a bigger portion.
I then ended my lunch with cappucino, this come with a small cookie by the side.

The service is attentive, glasses were topped up relatively quickly despite the fact that it is not surrounded by servers.

No comments: